Landlord Assistance Regarding ERAP
Regarding your tenants that have applied for, and have been tentatively approved, for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) provided by the City of Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency (BURA) and the NY State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) as part of the US Treasury HEROES Act. Your payments are pending and will be provided upon the submission of required documents on the OTDA web site by yourself.
In order to receive this assistance, which will be paid directly to you, please submit the required documents online at https://nysrenthelp.otda.ny.gov/en/Tools/UploadDocumentOwner. Documents will not be accepted by email, fax, or postal mail. Please contact the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance at 844-691-7368 to determine your missing documentation.
Required documents include:
- Direct deposit (bank account) information — if an owner has multiple properties with different payment entities (different SSN/EIN), then an owner account and a W9 will be required for each payment entity.
- Proof of Arrears — You may submit a ledger showing month by month or submit the Landlord Monthly Rent Confirmation Form for this purpose.
Additionally, you may be required to submit upon request :
- Executed lease with tenant applicant (if tenant has not provided).
- Proof of Ownership – real estate deed, homeowner insurance policy, tax bill, or other similar document. Required when OTDA is unable to independently verify the ownership of a property.
- Proof of being an authorized payment entity. Required when the payment entity on the lease is not the same as the owner registered with the Property Appraiser’s Office or as independently verified by OTDA. Acceptable documentation may include a property management agreement, court orders, or other similar documents that establish a legal relationship between the registered owner and the payment entity on the lease. An owner may also complete the Attestation form.
- Other documentation may be required if ERAP determines it necessary to determine eligibility of an application
Please upload these documents within seven days of this notification. To see the complete list of acceptable documents, please go to the ERAP portal at https://nysrenthelp.otda.ny.gov/uploads/ ERAPDocList/NYS_ERAP_Documentation_List_for_Landlords_Final_en.pdf.
Point of contact: Nate Neuman, Community Planner, City of Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency. 716-851-6564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your assistance as we work to stabilize the housing of our City’s most vulnerable tenants.