NYS Eviction Moratorium Ends January 15, 2022
Contact 2-1-1 for Rental Assistance
As New York State’s eviction moratorium law expires, there are available resources for eligible tenants impacted by Covid-19. Contact 2-1-1 to apply for assistance or learn what steps to take to avoid eviction. Program is open until funds are depleted.
- Contact 2-1-1 if you face eviction due to Covid-19.
- Pending application for rental assistance will help you remain in your house until the assistance can be given. Apply by calling 2-1-1. Program is open until funds are depleted.
- Always show up for any court dates, ideally with representation. If you have a pending application, let the court know.
- To secure legal services directly you can reach out to WNY Law Center (716- 855-0203), Center for Elder Law and Justice (716-853-3087), Volunteer Lawyers Project (716-852-8687), Legal Aid Bureau (716-853-9555), and Neighborhood Legal Services (716-847-0650).
- If you are in Erie County and outside of the City of Buffalo, call 1-844-238-7376 to be connected to a legal services provider.